Town has a ‘real buzz’ thanks to festive market and fun run
- Credit: Sue Dent
The streets of Watton celebrated the beginning of the countdown to Christmas with a festive market and fun run.
On Sunday, November 25, the town's High Street was transformed into a festive market, with stalls filling the street from the fun fair near the Town Hall to the Country Market and Lings display outside the Watton Christian Community Centre.
Beryl Bunning, town councillor and market organiser, said: 'I think this was one of our best! I am so pleased with the turn out of people from the town and it's great to have support from businesses around Watton.
'Thanks to everyone who makes this possible from the stall holders to our volunteers and Councillors, it's a real team effort.'
Music from the Norwich Pipe Band and TS Fearless Cadets provided the musical background with more than 40 runners and walkers taking part in the fun run.
You may also want to watch:
Michal Wegrzyn came home first in 17 minutes, with Sam Thomas the first woman and the Sayers family picking up the best fancy dress prize.
Town mayor Tina Kiddell said: 'It is great to see everyone out enjoying the day and the town had a real buzz about it.'
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 4 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 5 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 6 Norfolk RSPCA store appears on Rip Off Britain
- 7 Air ambulance and coastguard attend incident on Sheringham beachfront
- 8 Brown Derbies and Bender sausages, when Wimpy ruled fast food
- 9 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named