Tour Series in Aylsham officially launched
- Credit: Archant © 2013
A cycle event which will see the country's top cyclists descend on a north Norfolk market town has been officially launched.
From early evening on June 13, the UK's leading cyclists will battle it out around a 1.2-kilometre circuit of Aylsham's streets.
Starting with the Johnson Health Tech Grand Prix Series and followed by the Pearl Izumi Tour Series, cyclists will race along Norwich Road, Red Lion Street, through the Market Place, onto Penfold Street, down Cawston Road, along Mill Road and Palmers Lane, before completing a lap back on Norwich Road.
The hour-long races are set to provide exciting action as the cyclists, made up of riders from 10 different teams, negotiate the narrow streets and sharp corners. Riders will be seen hurtling around the circuit up to 40 times.
Launching the event in Aylsham today, Fiona Roberts, Norfolk County Council's event manager, said: 'The Tour Series will be brilliant for Norfolk and for Aylsham. It will continue the momentum we've built up with the Tour of Britain and we hope people will come to Aylsham - it's going to be an exciting day with children's activities, music, market craft, a farmers' market; there's going to be a real party atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
For more on this story, don't miss tomorrow's paper.
- 1 Murder investigation launched after woman found dead following house fire
- 2 11 Norfolk cafés perfect for outdoor dining
- 3 Thieves swam across river to steal paddleboards from new firm
- 4 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 5 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 6 In pictures: England fans enjoy Euro 2020 win at Norwich fan park
- 7 Child taken to hospital after being pulled from the sea
- 8 'Be responsible' - coastguard issues warning after seven-year-old is rescued from sea
- 9 Plans proposed for 'flexible' space in derelict area of popular park
- 10 Neighbours tell of shock as murder probe launched