Top honour for North Walsham Rotary Club stalwart
Long-serving rotarian Brian Wexler has earned the organisation's highest award, recognising his exceptional service to the international charity.
Mr Wexler was presented with a Paul Harris Fellowship at a recent meeting of the North Walsham Rotary Club which he first joined in 1968.
A former mayor of North Walsham, Mr Wexler was rotary president in 1992 and 2009. He also held the post of secretary from 2000-2004 and was editor of the club's Bulletin for a number of years.
Outside rotary, Mr Wexler is a trustee of North Walsham Citizens Advice Bureau, and a member of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust.
Rotary district governor Rodney Howell described Mr Wexler as a true rotarian living up to its motto of Service before Self.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Flood alerts issued for parts of Norfolk due to stormy conditions
- 3 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 4 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 5 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 6 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 7 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 8 Norfolk stately home neighbour dispute sees campsite owner in court
- 9 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 10 Fire fears over huge battery storage plants for wind farm