Top honour for North Walsham Rotary Club stalwart
Long-serving rotarian Brian Wexler has earned the organisation's highest award, recognising his exceptional service to the international charity.
Mr Wexler was presented with a Paul Harris Fellowship at a recent meeting of the North Walsham Rotary Club which he first joined in 1968.
A former mayor of North Walsham, Mr Wexler was rotary president in 1992 and 2009. He also held the post of secretary from 2000-2004 and was editor of the club's Bulletin for a number of years.
Outside rotary, Mr Wexler is a trustee of North Walsham Citizens Advice Bureau, and a member of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust.
Rotary district governor Rodney Howell described Mr Wexler as a true rotarian living up to its motto of Service before Self.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 4 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 5 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 6 The top-rated McDonald's in Norfolk according to Tripadvisor
- 7 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 Husband donates £1m to cancer research so 'no one else goes through same pain'
- 10 Get used to phone appointments or the NHS collapses - GP tells patients