Top honour for North Walsham Rotary Club stalwart
Long-serving rotarian Brian Wexler has earned the organisation's highest award, recognising his exceptional service to the international charity.
Mr Wexler was presented with a Paul Harris Fellowship at a recent meeting of the North Walsham Rotary Club which he first joined in 1968.
A former mayor of North Walsham, Mr Wexler was rotary president in 1992 and 2009. He also held the post of secretary from 2000-2004 and was editor of the club's Bulletin for a number of years.
Outside rotary, Mr Wexler is a trustee of North Walsham Citizens Advice Bureau, and a member of the North Walsham and Dilham Canal Trust.
Rotary district governor Rodney Howell described Mr Wexler as a true rotarian living up to its motto of Service before Self.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
- 10 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown