The Dereham Santa? Todd Cantwell is 'giving back to fans' this Christmas
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Limited
Forget Deco. Todd Cantwell is giving Santa Claus a run for his money this year.
In a post on Twitter, Norwich City player Cantwell announced he was giving presents to fans with yellow and green balloons outside their houses in the Dereham area.
The kind-hearted gesture received hundreds of likes and interactions on social media with many replies full of praise for the 23-year-old.
Some supporters even replied with pictures of their balloons outside their houses.
Fan Phil Sherwood said: "I think what Todd is doing is lovely and in the true spirit of Christmas, he is a good local lad and my boys love him."
In a second tweet, Cantwell confirmed the giveaway would last until Christmas Eve.
He added: "Just trying to spread some Christmas spirit."
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 Fears over town gridlock as years of A11 improvement works begin
- 3 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 4 'We will always miss you' - tributes to QEH pharmacist who died in A47 crash
- 5 Tractor stopped on A11 found to have faulty brakes
- 6 Villagers' anger after meadow is mowed causing 'destruction' of plants
- 7 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 8 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 9 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 10 Long delays after person cut out of car on A1065
Despite a difficult campaign for the club so far this season, it is clear that Cantwell is still providing City fans with special memories off the pitch.