Time is ripe for Holt to enter Anglia in Bloom
- Credit: Ian Burt
The time is ripe for Holt to enter Anglia in Bloom according to its chairman of judges.
George Dawson has urged the community to take part in this year's competition, which is officially launched next week.
Mr Dawson described Holt as 'lovely' and added it would not take much for the town win an award.
Speaking at last night's annual town meeting, where he was a special guest, Mr Dawson said: 'Holt has not been in the competition for a long while, but did well then and without any question will do so again. It is at least silver standard without doing anything at all.
He added: 'In Bloom is not all about flowers, blooming can be many things, flourish is the best term. Enter now, don't wait for next year, it may never come.'
Holt Town Council has been considering plans to take part Anglia in Bloom again and will be sending representatives to the event's Spring Launch at Bressingham Gardens, near Diss next week.
Holt Mayor Duncan Baker described Anglia in Bloom as a: 'great way to bring the community together.'
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 3 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 6 Tributes to 'kind and caring' Norwich man with a love of chess and walking
- 7 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 8 Bid to build 70-bed care home and 24 affordable houses
- 9 'Fantastic' barn conversion with golf simulator and games room is for sale
- 10 Travel: Stay in a 'gingerbread' cottage on a Norfolk farm