Tickets for Whiffler comedy night in Norwich are still available
Tickets are still available for next week's Whiffler comedy night, which helps kick off this year's Lord Mayor's Celebrations.
Hosted by Norwich City Council (NCC), the comedy night on Thursday, July 7, is located in Norwich Castle Gardens' Whiffler Theatre.
Liz Wimms, culture and events officer at NCC, said: 'This show always sells out and is guaranteed to give you a giggle. It's a great opportunity to enjoy comedy outside, and is one of the first events of the Lord Mayor's Celebrations (LMC), so the perfect thing to kick off your weekend.'
This year's line-up includes stand-up stars Mike Gunn, Ben Norris and Otiz Cannelloni.
It's a line-up that Derek Roberton, one of the directors of Norwich's Red Card Comedy Club, thinks will make for a top night.
He said: 'It's a fantastic line-up, really good for Norwich because comedy is huge at the moment and there is so much going on.
'Mike Gunn is a consummate professional and is very, very funny and hugely underrated. Ben Norris has been around for donkeys years and is another top pro who should be better known. He is a mix of a curmudgeoning old man and a hip young guy.
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 4 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 5 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 6 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 7 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 8 Banksy work removed and put in museum due to local sensitivity
- 9 Hope for WASPI women as MPs back compensation call
- 10 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
'And Otiz has a really good show as well, some of his card tricks are outstanding and his one-liners are out of the top drawer.'
Leader of NCC and cabinet member for culture, councillor Brenda Arthur, is already counting the days until this year's LMC. She added: 'The whole weekend is set to be fantastic occasion for Norwich and this event is a great introduction to another brilliant and varied cultural offering for the city.'
The event is for over-18s only, tickets are �7.50 in advance from the Norwich Tourist Information Centre on 01603 213999, or from The Forum, or �10 on the door subject to availability. With an on-site bar, no other alcohol is allowed.