Tickets for Norwich David Bowie tribute sell out in minutes - second night put on
- Credit: PA
A second night paying tribute to David Bowie is to be held at Norwich Arts Centre following an overwhelming response from music fans today.
About 260 free tickets for Let's Dance!, a night devoted to the music of David Bowie on Saturday, January 30, were snapped up within 10 minutes of being released today. There were big queues at the box office, with many more people trying to book by phone and online too.
Now the music venue has decided to host Let's Dance Too! on Friday, February 5 to give more people the chance to join in with a celebration of the late musician's music.
Tickets, which will be free, will be released at midday tomorrow, and people will be able to book tickets by calling the Norwich Arts Centre box office only.
Pasco-Q Kevlin, director of Norwich Arts Centre, said he was overwhelmed with the response to the venue's idea for a David Bowie tribute.
'I am overwhelmed, I am overjoyed, and I just want as many people as possible to enjoy the events with us,' he said.
'It is a genuine response to one of the greatest musicians ever, that's it. He has had an impact.'
- 1 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 2 Restaurant apologises after boy hospitalised with allergic reaction
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Revamped 'hidden gem' restaurant hoping to put village on map for food
- 7 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 8 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 9 Town faces disruption from roadworks 15 miles away
- 10 Former vicarage set in one acre is up for sale - and it needs some TLC
Both events will start at 8pm and Mr Kevlin said tickets only guaranteed entry before 9pm, so there is a chance that some people will be able to get tickets on the nights.
The free tickets for Let's Dance Too! - at Norwich Arts Centre at 8pm on Friday, February 5 - will be released at midday tomorrow. To book, call the Norwich Arts Centre box office on 01603 660352. Tickets will not be able to be booked online or in person. Ticket bookings will be limited to four per person.