Thousands of people enjoy first day of Old Buckenham Airshow
- Credit: Archant
One of the region's biggest events got underway today as thousands of people headed to south Norfolk for the first day of the Old Buckenham Airshow.
The highlight so far was the appearance of the Catalina flying boat from the Duxford Imperial War Museum.
The crowd was also impressed by the opening display of Extra and Model. The little and large act saw pilot Chris Burkett fly his Extra 330 alongside a 40pc scale model flown on the ground by Mike Williams.
Steve and Trina Nobbs, from Taverham, said they have had a great day out.
Mr Nobbs said: 'I enjoyed it. It has been a nice day out. I think the Catalina was the best because it is an unusual aircraft. I thought it was really good. It is nice to see classic aeroplanes.'
You may also want to watch:
Midge and Clive Hawkins, from Badwell Ash, near Bury St Edmunds, said: 'The Catalina was lovely. The model and the Extra was very good too.'
Tomorrow there will be displays from the Old Buckenham based Wildcats, B-17 Flying Fortress Sally B, a Spitfire, P-51 Mustang and many more.
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
On the ground displays include a food village, funfair, classic cars, retail and charity stands and military vehicles and stalls/
There are also tank rides and Monster Truck experiences.
For information about the airshow visit www.oldbuckenhamairshow.co.uk
Are you going to the airshow? You can send your photographs by visiting
See Monday's EDP for a special report from the show.