Thousands enjoy All About Dogs show at Norwich Showground
Thousands of people – and plenty of four-legged friends – are enjoying a bank holiday weekend full of canine capers at the Norfolk Showground.
Organisers of the two-day All About Dogs show at the Costessey venue said yesterday had been a 'fantastic' first day of the popular event.
Dogs of all shapes and sizes, ranging from labradors to cocker spaniels to dalmatians and terriers, joined their owners to enjoy the celebration of man's best friends.
Britain's Got Talent stars Ashleigh and Pudsey delighted the crowds with their performances to music routines yesterday and today will see special appearances all day from popular children's TV character –Chase – from Paw Patrol.
The main arena yesterday saw displays from the Conquest K9 Display Team, Dima from Good Boy Dog School, Dunhamwood Gundogs and Lowestoft Dog Display.
You may also want to watch:
There were also fun dog shows, including the chance to compete for titles such as waggiest tail, most awesome eyes, cutest pup, bad hair day, best rescue and best junior handler.
Dog lovers were also able to talk to experts on all matter canine and dogs were able to test their agility in various have-a-go sessions.
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
Matt Upson, one of the organisers of the event, which is now in its fifth year, said: 'It has gone fantastically well. Yesterday was one of the best days we have ever had.
'Ashleigh and Pudsey were really popular and today we're going to have Chase from Paw Patrol, who will be out meeting and greeting children.'
All About Dogs also offers camping, with dogs welcome, and Mr Upson said: 'That is becoming really popular and we're looking to expand that next year.
'So many people visit Norfolk for a holiday, but some campsites do not allow dogs. We encourage people to bring their dogs and camp with them.
'We've got a bit of a festival flavour, with music from local band Morganway, who have just released an album on iTunes.'
Tickets to the show are available to purchase on the gate at the showground today, priced at £9 for adults and £5 for children aged five to 16. Children under five are free. Parking is also free.
All dogs are welcome to attend on leads, but must have full and up-to -date inoculations. Dog owners must also clear up after their pets.