Thorpe United Under 14s Girls football team wins 49 out of past 50 games
- Credit: Archant
Thorpe United Under 14s Girls are on track for their second league win after losing just one game this season.
The team has gone from strength to strength over the past two seasons, winning 49 out of the last 50 games they have played.
And now, after beating Waveney Foxes 1-0, they are 13 points ahead of their closest rival, Sprowston Under 14s.
Sarah Carter, whose daughter plays in defence, said part of their success is thanks to coaches Mark Fogarty and Pete Wilson.
She said: 'They have completely turned the team around. Having seen the deference they made, you can see just how important coaches are.'
You may also want to watch:
Ms Carter said the girls, whose ages range between 12 to 14, also have a good bond with each other.
'There is really good communication between the girls and they have a lot of fun on the pitch,' she said.
- 1 Large police presence in Norfolk village after person dies on boat
- 2 Latest situation at Norfolk hospitals sees covid-related admissions remain static
- 3 Village pub offers 'proper' 1p 'Penne-y Pasta' dish with alcoholic drink
- 4 Schools close early for Christmas after outbreak of 11 Covid cases
- 5 30,000 Christmas turkeys to be culled in bird flu outbreak
- 6 Parts of Norfolk see heavy snow falls with more to come
- 7 Man denies running Japanese restaurant from Norwich home for the third time
- 8 Workmen unearth six skeletons during city street overhaul
- 9 Stubborn swan squares up to traffic in Norfolk village
- 10 Delays expected as 48-ton boat is transported through Suffolk and Norfolk
Thorpe United will be playing in the league cup final against Taverham on May 12, 2018.