Thorpe St Andrew Town Council holds its first meeting in new offices
- Credit: Archant
Thorpe St Andrew Town Council has held its first meeting in its new offices at the Fitzmaurice Pavilion, off Pound Lane.
The £30,000 project saw the building's football changing room redeveloped in order to accommodate the council.
It had previously temporarily been based the Roxley Hall on Yarmouth Road after moving out of the Dussindale Centre.
Ian Mackie, town mayor, said the cost of the move was covered by the savings it will make by not having to pay rent at the Dussindale Centre.
He said the new facility had more space and more areas to meet with local residents.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking after the building's opening, Mr Mackie said: 'We were delighted to welcome representatives from the town's thriving community.
'As the town expands, we need to be able to have the space to reflect the growing activity of the council.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 7 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 8 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 9 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
- 10 Driver arrested on suspicion of drink driving after crash in Lowestoft
Roxley Hall will continue to operate as a venue for community groups.