Green-fingered gardeners challenged to grow tallest sunflower
- Credit: Archant
Do you have what it takes to grow the tallest sunflower?
That is the challenge being laid down in a free competition in Thorpe St Andrew.
Green-fingered residents are asked to send Thorpe St Andrew Town Council photos of their sunflowers later this year for a prize.
Those who grow the tallest - or the most - sunflowers will be visited by mayor Ian Mackie, have their photo included in the local newsletter and receive a trophy.
The council has been provided with thousands of sunflower seeds from various local garden centres as part of the town mayor's great sunflower challenge.
You may also want to watch:
To take part, visit the council's office at the Fitzmaurice Park on Pound Lane during the St George's Day event on April 22. People will be able to pick up sunflower seeds for free.
Entries should be emailed to email@example.com with a name, address, phone number, sunflower height and photo.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 8 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary