Thorp House care home, Griston, calls for residents and businesses to help with fete
- Credit: Kingsley Healthcare
A care home near Watton is appealing to local people to help put on a fete which will make the community proud.
Thorp House care home, in Griston, wants families, schools, businesses and groups to support the big fete on Bank Holiday on Monday - which is May 29. Jade Smith, the home's new activities coordinator, said currently she is helping residents make Valentines Day decorations but she is already thinking about how to organise the fete.
She said: 'I would love to hear from anyone able to help us by running a stall, organising family games or providing entertainment.
'It is so important for our residents to keep their connection with the community so an event like this will be brilliant.'
Proceeds from the fete will be split between the residents' fund, which pays for outings, and the Alzheimer's Society.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone able to run a stall at the fete is asked to contact the Kingsley Healthcare-run home on 01953 881786.
- 1 Woman who died in A47 collision named
- 2 WATCH: Cars float on high tide in north Norfolk
- 3 Teacher who supported hundreds of children through education dies aged 67
- 4 "I thought I had freshers flu, but Drs said I could have died within a week"
- 5 RAF Marham Royal Navy sailor jailed for raping colleague while she slept
- 6 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 7 Farm shop owners 'absolutely thrilled' at national award
- 8 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 9 Sisters-in-law glowing after opening high street tanning salon
- 10 'People are dying': Up to 500 patients waited for ambulance in one night