Landlord’s appeal as This Morning gets set to film at pub with World Cup grandstand
- Credit: Archant
The landlord of a Norfolk pub where a £5,000 grandstand has been built so fans can watch the World Cup has urged supporters to head down early today - because This Morning will be filming.
Paul Sandford, landlord of The Railway Tavern, in Yaxham Road, Dereham, put up the stand so fans could gather and enjoy the tournament together.
The stand had already captured the imagination of the media, with Sky Sports News among channels to feature his creation.
But today, ITV's This Morning are planning to film at the pub and Mr Sandford appealed on Facebook for people to head down to help put Dereham on the map.
He said: 'Right folks, need a crowd for This Morning filming live at the Tavern from 9.30am in the morning. Please pop down and show your support. Help put Dereham on the map.'
You may also want to watch:
He added it was a 'great opportunity for any business to get in the limelight or any local schools. See you all in the morning.'
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 8 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue