Third man arrested following aggravated burglary in Lowestoft
A 31-YEAR-OLD man has been arrested on suspicion of attempted murder and GBH following an aggravated burglary incident at a home in Cambridge Road in Lowestoft in the early hours of Monday, August 27.
A police spokesman said: 'The 31-year-old, from the town, is the third person arrested in connection with the investigation and he was detained yesterday afternoon, Thursday, September 6.
'He is currently in custody where he is being interviewed by officers about the attack.'
A 47-year-old woman who suffered serious head injuries in the incident remains in Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge where she is described as being stable and improving.
The woman's daughter was also injured in the incident.
You may also want to watch:
Alan Harwood, 30, of High Street, Lowestoft, who was arrested on Tuesday, August 28 and subsequently charged with two counts of section 18 GBH and aggravated burglary in connection with the attack has been remanded in custody pending an appearance at Ipswich Crown Court next Tuesday, September 11. A 36-year-old man from Lowestoft, arrested on August 27 on suspicion of conspiracy to commit robbery, remains on police bail to return to officers on October 25.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 3 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 9 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month