Third call out in quick succession for Lowestoft lifeboat
- Credit: Archant
A yacht that had lost all engine power was successfully assisted by a lifeboat crew.
Lowestoft's RNLI lifeboat, Patsy Knight, was called out at 2.15pm today (Thursday) to assist a yacht that had lost all engine power.
The 27ft yacht had set sail from Southwold harbour when the engine failed.
The solo crewman on board was able to continue sailing towards Lowestoft, running with the tide, but realised that he would need assistance to enter Lowestoft harbour.
Lowestoft lifeboat coxswain John Fox said: 'We met the yacht named Petronella just off Kessingland and connected a towline to the vessel.
You may also want to watch:
'It was then a straightforward tow along the Stamford Channel before we shortened the line to bring the yacht safely into port, finally mooring the vessel at 4pm.'
After a quiet couple of months, this was the third callout for Lowestoft lifeboat in the past week.
- 1 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 2 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 3 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 4 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 7 Fire crews still at scene as investigation launched into house blaze
- 8 Jailed this week: Abuse, assaults and burglaries
- 9 Man airlifted to hospital with serious head injuries after fight near pub
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base