Thieves steal model locomotives from Mid Norfolk Railway
Thieves who targeted the Mid Norfolk Railway stole eight model locomotives worth an estimated £800 from its gift shop.
Police said the burglary at Dereham Station happened between 12.30am and 10am on Sunday February 24.
The thieves forced a window, damaged woodwork and doors inside, and took a TV and DVD player as well as the Bachmann locomotives.
Railway chairman Barry Woodgett said: 'The Mid Norfolk Railway is a charitable company whose aims of restoring a train service between Wymondham and Fakenham are again being wasted by mindless people.
'I do not want to have to add further security features, ruining the ethos by turning it into a new Fort Knox to resist the thieves and vandals.'
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact police on 101.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 4 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 8 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show