'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- Credit: PA
Thieves have been caught on CCTV stealing food, cash and vouchers intended for a town's needy families.
Two men targeted the community foodbank at the Church Institute on London Road in Brandon, near Thetford.
Dennis Coburn, curate at St Peter's Church, posted on social media: "The Church Institute is saddened to announce that two men in Brandon felt the need to break into our community food bank and help themselves to the food that was on offer for free anyway.
"Not only that but they decided to borrow our safe containing some cash donations made to the foodbank and some Tesco vouchers already allocated to families in need in Brandon."
Mr Coburn added the men had already been identified and their details passed to the police.
"The awful thing is we also know who it was, someone who usually benefits from food in the foyer, it was all recorded on our CCTV," he said.
"So we know who it is, when they did it, where they live and the police said someone will give us a call on Saturday to talk about it."
- 1 Couple sell 'amazing' converted water mill after two-year renovation
- 2 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 3 Emergency services dealing with incident at inflatable on beach
- 4 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 5 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 6 Royal Mail postboxes stolen from villages
- 7 Woman died after crash on way to visit mother's grave
- 8 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 9 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 10 Dog ban on popular north Norfolk beaches extended