Heavy rush hour delays following two car crash on A11
- Credit: Highways England
Rush hour commuters are facing heavy delays this morning following a two vehicle crash on the A11.
At 7.49am, emergency services were called to A11 Thickthorn Roundabout to reports of a crash between two cars - a black BMW and a white Ford.
Police and paramedics attended the scene of the crash, which happened on the southbound carriageway heading towards Wymondham.
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said that traffic was moving slowly through the area, with congestion building up in both directions as a result of the crash.
An ambulance attended the scene providing treatment to one of the motorists, however, neither were taken to hospital.
You may also want to watch:
As of 8.11am recovery for the vehicles was on its way to the scene.
Highways England has said the incident left a large amount of oil spillage on the road surface, which engineers are on the way to clean up.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 5 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 6 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 7 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 8 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 9 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 10 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
As of shortly after 10am the road was clear and traffic back to normal speed.
For the latest updates on the roads, visit our live traffic map.