Thetford pub to reopen with new landlord after refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A popular pub which closed without warning is set to reopen as its owners close a deal with a new publican.
The Deer's Leap in Thetford advertised that it was 'under new management' shortly before closing around two months ago.
Now its owners EI Publican Partnerships (formerly Enterprise Inns) has announced a new landlord is poised to move into the property on Norwich Road, which will be reopened after a refurbishment.
A spokesperson for the pub group said: 'We are pleased to announce that we are very close to finalising a new publican to take on the Deer's Leap to trade.
'Once confirmed, it will remain shut whilst it receives an external refresh of its décor and will reopen soon after.
You may also want to watch:
'We hope that members of the local community will visit when it opens its doors to welcome the new publican and show their support for this popular pub.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after crash
- 2 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 3 Covid rips through care homes again with deaths almost doubling in a week
- 4 Woman in her 20s among 31 Covid patients to die in five days at hospital
- 5 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 6 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 7 'I am heartbroken' - Woman's two cats killed by 'reckless' drivers
- 8 Armed police detain man after 18 hours of negotiations
- 9 Road through village closed by floodwater
- 10 13 cars targeted in tyre-slashing spree