Thetford McDonald’s set to employ between 10-15 people once £700k refurbishment works completed
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford fast-food chain is set to employ a further 10 to 15 people once it reopens after undergoing refurbishment works.
The McDonald's restaurant, on the Forest Retail Park, will undergo a transformation which will cost an estimated £700,000 following investment from franchisee Kenny Russell.
The changes in the store will improve the speed and ease of ordering food with the option to use one of the four self-order kiosks.
These will allow customers to browse the menu, look at nutritional information and personalise their meals.
Mr Russell said: 'As an active member of the community I am keen to invest in the local area and I am looking forward to the transformation of the McDonald's at Forest Retail Park as it will improve the restaurant experience for our customers.'
The branch, which currently employs 115 people, closed its doors on Monday and will reopen on Thursday, March 23.
The nearest McDonald's is located at Barton Mills at the Fiveways roundabout.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'lovely' teenager as police continue murder probe
- 2 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 3 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 4 'Heartbreaking' - Vandals force landmark church to close after damage spree
- 5 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 6 Hospital worker set for £60,000 payout after raising 'bullying' concerns
- 7 Cyclist's relief as driver is convicted following traumatic accident
- 8 Woman 'shocked' after brick thrown through living-room window
- 9 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 10 Fire at farm near Taverham being treated as arson