Man, 29, died from stab wound to heart, inquest hears
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2011
A 29-year-old man from Thetford bled to death after suffering a stab wound to his heart, an inquest heard.
Craig Barnes, of Station Road, Thetford, died on Monday, May 7, 2018, as a result of his injury.
A post-mortem examination report gave his medical cause of death, which took place in Thetford, as exsanguination, or loss of blood, following the chest wound.
At a pre-inquest review hearing at Norfolk Coroner's Court this afternoon, (Wednesday, July 3), senior coroner Jacqueline Lake said the scope of the inquest would cover the handling of a call to Norfolk police, the attendance of officers, and Mr Barnes' medical cause of death.
Evidence will include the post-mortem examination and toxicology reports and witnesses will include mental health workers at the Norfolk and Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust (NSFT), doctors, police officers and call handlers.
You may also want to watch:
The inquest will begin on Wednesday, August 7, and conclude on Friday, August 9.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray