Thetford Inner Wheel raise £1,000 at Armistice Day lunch
- Credit: Archant
More than £1,000 was raised by Thetford Inner Wheel as part of their Armistice Day lunch held in November.
The event, held at Croxton Village Hall, included a display of memorabilia belonging to the club's members' relations who had fought in the First World War.
Alongside this were table mats showing a copy of the declaration of peace from a newspaper.
Speeches from rotarians saw letters read out to the guests, with letters from their grandfathers to home from the battle front.
President of Thetford Inner Wheel, Jenny Childerhouse laid a wreath on behalf of Inner Wheel at the Thetford Market Square service on remembrance day itself.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman said: 'The lunch proved to be both emotional and memorable.'
More information about Inner Wheel can be found on www.thetfordrotary.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 2 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 3 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 4 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 5 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 6 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 7 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 8 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 9 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 10 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre