Thetford Iceni Marathon and Half Marathon to take place this weekend
- Credit: Archant
This weekend the Thetford Iceni Marathon and Half Marathon will celebrate its third anniversary.
The event, on Sunday, September 10, will see 100 runners, some coming from as far as London and Kent, taking on a new route.
Both the marathon and half marathon will kick-off at 9am from the Red Lion on Market Place with the routes taking in many areas on the town, including Arlington Way, Bury Road, the Abbey Estate, and Butten Island.
Organiser Melanie Sturman said the route will no longer go to Euston because of safety reasons.
She said: 'It is more in the town this year and we want people to get out and cheer the runners on.'
You may also want to watch:
Market Place will be closed from 8am until 4pm but no other roads will be affected with marshals along the route for safety.
All runners will receive a medal which was designed by 11-year-old Thetford Grammar School student Jasmine.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate