Thetford golfers club together to raise £11,100 for EACH
- Credit: Laura Stafford Allen
Golfers have been clubbing together this year to help fund the care provided to children and young people with life-threatening conditions across Norfolk.
East Anglia's Children's Hospices (EACH) is the chosen charity of this year's Thetford Golf Club captain Alan Brown, and throughout the year members have been raising money for the charity.
The amount raised stands at £11,100 – enough to pay for two whole days of EACH services, both at its Quidenham hospice, at families' homes and in the community.
The money was raised through a range of fundraising events including a Captain's Day in July and Captain's Weekend in August which included a raffle and auction.
Mr Brown said: 'I have been delighted to help raise funds for such a worthy local charity. When I moved to the area 12 years ago I became aware of the wonderful work that EACH undertakes in the eastern region and I decided it would be a worthy charity for me to support during my year as captain of Thetford Golf Club.
You may also want to watch:
'I would like to thank all members of the club and our many visitors who have chipped in to support the fundraising effort. We have received generous donations and sponsorship from local companies which has been fantastic.
'I'm now looking forward to the last event of my year, the Captains' Farewell Bash, when we will look forward to handing over the cheque to EACH.'
- 1 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 2 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 3 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 4 Wanted Norwich man arrested in north Norfolk village
- 5 Man exposed himself to three teenage girls at Morrisons
- 6 BBC Springwatch films at Norfolk nature haven - with beavers
- 7 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 8 'Vulnerable' Norfolk man missing from home
- 9 A47 tailbacks as roadworks move west near Norwich
- 10 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
EACH Norfolk fundraising manager, Carol Plunkett, will be attending Mr Brown's presentation evening on November 26 to present a plaque to the golf club.
Ms Plunkett said: 'I would like to say a huge thank you to everyone at Thetford Golf Club for helping to raise this tremendous amount of money and in particular Captain Alan Brown for choosing to support EACH this year. We are so grateful for their support.'