Thetford Garden Centre wins Emma Bridgewater window award
A Thetford business is celebrating after winning a prize for its Christmas window display.
Thetford Garden Centre scoop second prize in the annual Emma Bridgewater 'Best Christmas Window Display'.
The competition, organised by the pottery in Stoke-on-Trent, is in its second year and is open to all of the 200 Emma Bridgewater stockists across the UK.
The garden centre display team, headed by gift department manager Amanda Levett, created the window display in the centre's Christmas department and featured a jolly Santa in an Emma Bridgewater pinny along with his cocoa.
She said: 'We are delighted to have achieved second place in the competition, especially as it is our first year of entering and we are up against huge chain stores too. We went for humour and something a bit different and it paid off.'
'We have been stocking the pottery for nearly two years and it is very popular, we have been steadily growing the range and it was great to create a fun display with it.'
The family-run Thetford Garden Centre was established in 1982 and moved to its present site in Kilverstone in 1992.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 3 Action taken against cold callers who left homeowner 'freaked out'
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as Covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Pensioner jailed for five years for child sex assaults
- 6 Virus expert says Omicron is 'unstoppable' and backs 'Plan B' rules
- 7 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 8 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 9 Hospital reports 10 deaths of people with Covid in two days
- 10 Police called after illegally parked delivery driver blocks bus routes