Thetford fun day raises funds for play area improvements
- Credit: Dominic Bareham
The organisers of a Thetford fun day were hoping to raise £1,200 for improvements to a nearby play area.
The Redcastle Action Group (RAG) staged the event near the ball park and Meet Up Cafe in St Martin's Way on Saturday to help towards a £50,000 fundraising target for improvements to the Redcastle estate's dilapidated play area.
Events included a performance by the Thundercats dance troupe, based at the Charles Burrell centre in Thetford, paintballing, a bouncy castle and hair braiding.
There was also candy floss and Nanny Mccupcakes.
Cathy Morgan, from RAG, said the aim was to buy new equipment to totally refurbish the play area, which was in a bad state and the fun day would become an annual event.
You may also want to watch:
She added: 'This event has been quite successful so we are hoping to do even more fundraising events next year.'
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 5 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 The Range confirms new store at former Outfit on retail park
- 8 Funeral held for much loved windsurfer after body found in Sweden
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder after serious Norwich assault
- 10 Rescuers resume search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith