Thetford dog show to hold minute’s silence in memory of East Harling murder victim Peter Wrighton
- Credit: Archant
A minute's silence in memory to East Harling murder victim Peter Wrighton is to be held at a dog show today (Sunday, August 13).
The Thetford nd District Canine Society, which Mr Wrighton used to be a committee member for, will start its show at Thetford Rugby Club, in Mundford Road, Thetford with the tribute.
MORE: Tributes pour in for East Harling murder victim Peter WrightonMORE: How you can help catch Peter Wrighton's killerIn a post on the society's Facebook page, society chairman Paula Sillett said: 'I'm sure you will all join us in sending our deepest sympathies to his family. RIP Peter.'
A spokesman for the society adding that members 'couldn't believe what we were hearing' when they discovered the 83-year-old from Banham - who has been described as 'kind' and 'gentle' by those who knew him - had been murdered.
The spokesman added: 'He was a kind person who would do anything for anyone. He was a lovely, lovely man.'
You may also want to watch:
The body of Mr Wrighton, from Banham, was discovered in woodland near East Harling last Saturday. He had been stabbed repeatedly in the neck and head.
Detectives arrested a man in his 20s on suspicion of murder on Saturday morning, who remains in police custody.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
MORE: Man arrested on suspicion of murdering 83-year-old Peter Wrighton in East HarlingMORE: East Harling murder - Home in Cringleford, near Norwich, searched as part of investigation into killing of Peter WrightonMORE: Police carry out anniversary checks a week after murder of 83-year-old Peter Wrighton in woods near to East HarlingBut it has also emerged that police and specialist forensic teams have been carrying out searches at various addresses, including a property in Cringleford, as part of the East Harling murder probe.