Themed pub trails celebrating region’s well-known faces and places launched
- Credit: Archant
The region's links to farming, the royals, wildlife and even Lord Nelson will be celebrated through trails connecting some of its finest real ale pubs.
Woodforde's has today launched its Summer of Pubs campaign, which will see nine themed pub trails - seven of which are in Norfolk - highlight iconic areas, people or regions of East Anglia.
The Norwich-based brewery hopes it will remind tourists and residents to support the watering holes during the summer season.
Rupert Farquharson, managing director, said: 'The pub offering couldn't be better but with 'stay at home' drinking perceived as more cost-effective, people are missing out on the great social interaction they get from visiting pubs.
'Our campaign is about reminding the many visitors and residents of this region to make a point of supporting local pubs whilst they're exploring the area this summer. The pub offering is incredibly strong and, without question, something that we should be shouting about.'
You may also want to watch:
Each pub will be furnished with trail guides, which will suggest nearby attractions and points of interest.
Mr Farquharson said: 'This is a holistic approach to marketing the county. In celebrating great pubs, visitor attractions and general areas of interest we are showcasing the best of Norfolk and beyond.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 4 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 8 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 9 Controversy reignited over 300 home scheme on edge of Norwich
- 10 Queuing for petrol - a tale as old as time
So-called selfie frames will also be in place as part of a social media competition to find the best selfie - shared using the hashtag #summerofpubs - which will see the photographer win a family holiday to Norfolk courtesy of Norfolk Country Cottages.
Lucy Downing, brand manager at Norfolk Country Cottages, said: 'The Summer of Pubs campaign proves, yet again, what a pro-active, strong local brand Woodforde's is. The fact they have come to us, together with other like-minded local companies, is testament to their strong ethos and values.'
The campaign, which runs from July 1 to September 30, has been launched with the support of EDP publisher Archant, the Norwich BID, Norfolk Country Cottages, the Norfolk Wildlife Trust, Herbert Woods, Crisp Maltings, The Remember Nelson Exhbition at The Hoste, Muntons and Visit Norwich.
For more information, visit www.woodfordes.co.uk• Do you know of a campaign promoting tourism in the region? Email email@example.com