The Tacons family farm will host Norfolk asparagus festival
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press � 2015
A new festival celebrating Norfolk asparagus will be held at a family farm near Great Yarmouth this weekend.
The Tacons have been growing the crop in Rollesby for more than 30 years, along with other fruit and vegetables which are sold through the family's farm shop and local retailers.
This year, the farm is hosting its first Asparagus Festival and Food Fair on Sunday, May 21, from 10am to 3pm.
The event is free to attend and will include food stalls, craft activities, and cooking demonstrations by chef Dan Smith – from the Ingham Swan, Wildebeest and Warwick Street Social – who will complete the 'field to fork' story.
Emma Tacon said: 'We want to give our customers the opportunity to meet the dedicated individuals behind the products on our shelves. The focus on asparagus will enable us to demonstrate the harvesting and processing of asparagus, here in the farmyard.'
You may also want to watch:
Other Norfolk food suppliers at the event will include Scrummy Pig, Norton's Dairy, Yare Valley Oils and Fielding Cottage.
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 3 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 4 MPs join the call to suspend gallbladder surgeon
- 5 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 6 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 7 Popular railway will 'cease to exist' as soon as this year
- 8 Tributes to high street mechanic known as a 'local legend'
- 9 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 10 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales