The spirit of yesteryear to return at Wymondham’s planned vintage day
- Credit: Archant
Classic cars, swing music and victory rolls will be back in fashion at a market town's planned vintage day.
The group Wymondham Town Team is organising a vintage event for September 10 after success with a similar event last year.
The day will feature 'Memory Lane' exhibits, steam trains from the Mid-Norfolk Railway, stalls with a vintage feel, a tea dance, a display of classic cars and vintage bus rides, live jazz, an old-fashioned cake competition and a brass band.
Suzanne Nuri, one of the organisers, said: 'After last year's success, it was a foregone conclusion that we would do it all again this September. 'We had so much positive feed-back from visitors including classic car owners, some of who had travelled from places as far as Yarmouth and Lowestoft to join us.
'This year promises to be even better and we are hoping even more people will come dressed in vintage clothes to add to the atmosphere.'
You may also want to watch:
Ramona Ward is organising children's activities to take place at the town's Priory Gardens.
For more information or to apply to host a stall, visit the town team's Facebook page or email email@example.com
- 1 Heavy downpours and strong winds to batter Norfolk
- 2 Indian variant Covid cases in Norfolk 'cause to be cautious'
- 3 Norfolk farmhouse with indoor pool for sale by online auction
- 4 Woman injured by jars of sauce thrown in Sainsbury's
- 5 City poised for Maddison cash boost
- 6 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 7 Riverside pub welcomes customers again with new owners
- 8 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 9 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 10 Inquest into death of 22-year-old swimmer at Norfolk beauty spot