Live music, comedy and cinema nights planned for Plantation Garden
- Credit: The Secret Garden/Denise Bradley
Norwich's secret garden will burst into life with live music, comedy and outdoor cinema screenings at a new event this summer.
The Secret Garden will run at The Plantation Garden, off Earlham Road, from Friday, August 6 to Sunday, August 8 and Friday, September 3 to Sunday, September 5.
Across the two weekends there are six events, with three live music nights, a comedy gig and two outdoor films.
Confirmed so far are The Foreign Locals, a duo that play everything from reggae to techno, and multi-instrumentalist and singer Lee Vann on August 6.
There will also be a screening of 1984 classic musical Footloose, with acoustic 80s music from The Avi8ors beforehand, on August 8 and 2018 blockbuster A Star Is Born, starring Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper, will be shown on September 5.
A spokesman for the event said: "The people who normally do the outdoor cinema there aren't this year and we wanted to fill that gap.
"Seeing the location we decided to do comedy and music too as it is such a beautiful setting."
There will also be street food vendors and a bar, with all updates on 'The Secret Garden Norwich' Facebook page and tickets go on sale on April 19.
- 1 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 2 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 3 Driver in hospital after BMW car ends up in ditch
- 4 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 5 9 pubs and restaurants which have had lockdown makeovers
- 6 Lorry driver admits causing deaths of two people in A47 crash
- 7 Hospital opens new £625,000 cancer wellbeing and support centre
- 8 Social distancing stops fish and chip shop's restaurant opening on May 17
- 9 Norfolk covid levels below national average but concerns raised about variants
- 10 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days