The Santander branch in Cromer is closing in September - what would you like to see replace it?
- Credit: Archant
High-street bank Santander has announced it's closing its branch in Church Street, Cromer in September.
A branch closure impact assessment form, available to customers at the branch, states: 'Our findings identified that 92pc of customers at Cromer branch already use a variety of ways to complete their banking transactions, with just 8pc of customers solely using this branch for their banking needs.
'For this branch, 50pc of customers have chosen to transact online, by telephone or using their mobile in the six months to March, as customers increasingly opt to complete day-to-day banking transactions in a range of alternative ways.
'For these reasons, we've made the decision to close the branch on September 28.'
A Santander spokesperson said: 'This decision has not been taken lightly and follows a strategic review looking across our UK branch network, changing customer behaviour, branch and digital channel usage, alternative ways for our customers to bank with us, whilst supporting local communities.
'Closing our lesser used branches means we're able to reinvest in our branch network to improve facilities, as well as investing further in digital capabilities to deliver a better experience for our customers, whilst continuing to provide services to local communities.
'The nearest alternative Santander branches are located at North Walsham, Holt and Aylsham.
- 1 Man charged with murder of 19-year-old daughter
- 2 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 3 Father in court charged with murder of his teen daughter
- 4 Two men charged with murder after death in Downham Market
- 5 Father and son in court charged with murder of man
- 6 Parking charges at city parks has raised £0
- 7 Concerns raised over fate of junior school site
- 8 Four Norfolk gastropubs named among best in UK
- 9 Farm launching wild camping with breakfast hampers and street food nights
- 10 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
'As well as visiting other Santander branches, customers may find it convenient to use online, mobile or telephone banking, offering flexibility in how and when they manage their money.
'In addition, all Santander current account holders can use the Post Office for cash and cheque deposits, withdrawals and to check their account balance.
'Santander is committed to maintaining employment and retaining colleagues by offering suitable alternative roles. We will look to transfer the majority of colleagues impacted into branches within the same locality or into other roles in our Retail Division. 'Opportunities for impacted colleagues will also be considered in other business areas as well as options to work flexibly such as increasing job shares and part-time working.'