The Rock’s Fighting With My Family takes over Gentleman’s Walk as filming gets underway in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Filming for Dwayne Johnson's Fighting With My Family is currently underway in Norwich.
Stephen Merchant and his production crew have taken over Gentleman's Walk outside Norwich Market as scenes for the film on a wrestling star from Norwich are shot.
Sections of street around the market are cordoned off, but signs are in place which proclaim business is open as usual.
Written and directed by Merchant, the film will shine a spotlight on the Knight family of wrestlers and their daughter Paige's journey to become a WWE Champion.
Actress Florence Pugh, who has been cast as Paige (real name Saraya-Jade Bevis), is in the fine city to shoot her final scenes for the movie.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesperson for the crew said the rest of the cast, including Game of Thrones star Lena Headey and Nick Frost, have already wrapped filming.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 9 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 10 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
Paige's parents, Ricky Knight and Julia Hamer-Bevis (Sweet Saraya), were also on set to watch the filming. Hamer-Bevis commented that she was 'very happy' with how it was all going.
Filming for Fighting With My Family will be taking place at various locations across Norwich on Monday and Tuesday. Production is then set to return to Los Angeles.