County’s only eco-friendly motel gets national recognition
- Credit: Keiron Tovell
The county's only eco-friendly motel has been nationally recognised after appearing in the Daily Mail.
The publication's hotel inspector - dubbed "An Inspector Calls" - recently paid a visit to the Pig Shed Motel, which is based on the A1065 Swaffham to Fakenham road behind the George and Dragon pub in Newton, near Castle Acre.
Although initially "fearing the worst", the reviewer had high praise for the accommodation after immediately falling in love with his room which was twice the size he expected.
His only disappointment was that the George and Dragon, which is run separately, did not serve breakfast.
You may also want to watch:
The Pig Shed Motel boasts 10 rooms inside two single-storey, shed-style buildings. Hot water is supplied by solar power and rainwater provides water for the toilets.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 3 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 4 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 5 'Shocked' couple almost given wrong Covid jab
- 6 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 7 Owners put Tudor mansion wedding venue up for sale for £3.9m
- 8 Safety review promised as cyclist killed in crash is named
- 9 City draw up target list
- 10 Music-lovers' pub could be demolished for 23 flats
The Daily Mail's 'inspector' is on an undercover mission to personally test the cream of the UK's accommodation.