The moment the RAF Falcons jumped in on the Royal Norfolk Show
- Credit: Archant
These images show the moment the RAF Falcons parachute display team made a dramatic entry into the Royal Norfolk Show from 3,500ft.
The nine parachutists faced wind speeds of up to 23mph after exiting the aircraft, but managed to keep a tight formation as they entered the grand ring.
Flt Lt Kirk Evans, who is on his first year as a jumper, said: 'The conditions were challenging but the lads coped really well.
'When you start to hear the crowds coming into play as you come down it is a great feeling. We always enjoy jumping into a show like this.'
The team will be making a second jump at around 5pm today, weather permitting.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 5 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 10 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021