Find your prom or wedding outfit at Castle Mall swap shop
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A swap shop is appealing for people who have a smart dress or suit languishing in the back of their wardrobe to donate it to The Great Exchange.
New-U is a swap, borrow and loan shop on the second floor of the Castle Mall run by OPEN Youth Trust and Talent Match New Anglia, and is looking for people to donate their unwanted prom or cocktail dresses, occasion wear, suits and even wedding dresses. All new or lightly used items are accepted.
Prom Nation Norwich, a campaign to collect new and pre-loved dresses prom dresses, suits, shoes and accessories will be working in partnership with New-U.
Activities throughout the day will include a professional hair stylist doing hair trials and demonstrations, and makeup and colour coordination tips to give the full prom look.
Every person swapping on the day can enter a free raffle and receive a goodie bag.
You may also want to watch:
The Great Exchange will take place at New-U on June 2 from 10am–5pm.
- 1 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 2 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 3 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 4 City step up Skipp Spurs chase
- 5 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 6 Waiting game for parkrun lovers as one Norfolk event closes
- 7 Man living in hotel after sewage floods bathroom in 'uninhabitable' flat
- 8 'Very small' number of Indian Covid variant cases in Norfolk
- 9 Pub ordered to pay £23.5k compensation to sacked disabled worker
- 10 Tax inspectors probe 240 furlough fraud cases in Norfolk and Suffolk