The Fox Inn at Garboldisham is ready for patrons
A pub which was bought by a community group – after being closed for nearly nine years – will reopen as a micro pub next month.
Members of the community have fought hard to fundraise and buy The Fox Inn, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Earlier this year, the keys to the grade-II listed building were handed to the Garboldisham Fox Community Interest Company and a celebration was held.
The pub now has electricity and water and will soon have beer-dispensing equipment in time for the first night as a micro pub – on Friday, December 2.
Peter Smith, director of the community group, said: 'We are looking forward to it. It is quite intimidating to know who is going to turn up.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub will not reopen fully for an estimated two years but will continue to operate as a micro pub for three days a week until at least Christmas.
Mr Smith said: 'We'll have to see what happens. What worries me is on a Sunday afternoon on a cold February day. But we will carry on doing it until we get the rest of the pub open.'
- 1 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 5 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 6 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 9 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 10 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
Cask ales from local breweries, including Hoxne Brewery, will be available in addition to Adnams and soft drinks.
The pub will be open Fridays, 5pm to 10pm; Saturdays, 12pm to 10pm; and Sundays, 12pm to 3pm.