The Fox Inn at Garboldisham is ready for patrons
A pub which was bought by a community group – after being closed for nearly nine years – will reopen as a micro pub next month.
Members of the community have fought hard to fundraise and buy The Fox Inn, in Garboldisham, near Diss.
Earlier this year, the keys to the grade-II listed building were handed to the Garboldisham Fox Community Interest Company and a celebration was held.
The pub now has electricity and water and will soon have beer-dispensing equipment in time for the first night as a micro pub – on Friday, December 2.
Peter Smith, director of the community group, said: 'We are looking forward to it. It is quite intimidating to know who is going to turn up.'
You may also want to watch:
The pub will not reopen fully for an estimated two years but will continue to operate as a micro pub for three days a week until at least Christmas.
Mr Smith said: 'We'll have to see what happens. What worries me is on a Sunday afternoon on a cold February day. But we will carry on doing it until we get the rest of the pub open.'
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Norfolk hit by flooding as storms reach the county
- 3 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Land wanted by village sold to mystery buyer for £50,000 more
- 6 Banham Poultry taken over by owner of Bernard Matthews and 2 Sisters
- 7 Patients speak out as surgeon who botched surgeries still working
- 8 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 9 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 10 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
Cask ales from local breweries, including Hoxne Brewery, will be available in addition to Adnams and soft drinks.
The pub will be open Fridays, 5pm to 10pm; Saturdays, 12pm to 10pm; and Sundays, 12pm to 3pm.