Charity The Feed crowdfunding for their biggest project yet
- Credit: Sainsbury's Pound Lane
The Feed charity and social enterprise which helps people off the street and into the kitchen is running a six week Crowdfunder campaign to raise £20,000 towards their new training academy on Prince of Wales Road in Norwich.
So far the Crowdfunder has raised £3,000 following a successful launch party.
But if they fail to achieve £20,000 in pledges they will receive nothing in this all or nothing campaign.
In addition to the Crowdfunder, The Feed recently announced three year support commitment from Kettle Foods and have been chosen as civic charity of the year by Norwich City Council.
The Feed's training enables people who have been homeless or have other major barriers to employment to get work in the food and hospitality industries.
You may also want to watch:
Chief executive Matt Townsend said: 'We are really happy that the people of Norfolk are getting behind our plans to open up the academy at Prince of Wales and it's clear that this is a city and county that really cares about helping people who have been homeless.'
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 8 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 9 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich