The Brickmakers pub in Norwich prepares to start fundraising events with Easter fun day
The annual fundraising fun gets underway at Norwich pub The Brickmakers this weekend, looking to add to the �45,000 raised for charity by the pub's staff in the last eight years.
This year's Easter Bank Holiday Bash is being held between midday and midnight on Monday, to raise funds for Breast Cancer research.
A line-up of 10 local bands will provide the entertainment, which will cost �2 per person to attend, as part of a family fun day at the Sprowston Road pub.
The bands already confirmed are Mocked Up Funkies, Sugar Rush, Black River Falls, Firewire, Aftershock, The Collective, The Glamtastics, Pure Passion and Blind Tiger.
While a barbecue, bouncy castle, face painting, tombola and giant inflatable slide are all lined up as well.
You may also want to watch:
Licensee, Charley South, said: 'In the last eight years we have raised over �45,000 for local and national charities, we did this only with the help of our local community, lots of amazing Norwich bands and customers who all pitched in to help.'
The event is the first of three main fundraisers held at The Brickmakers each year, as Charley explained further: 'We then have our June event which is on Bank Holiday Monday, June 4. Again, we have 10 bands playing throughout the day in aid of The East Anglian Air Ambulance.
- 1 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 2 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 3 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 4 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 5 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 6 Two women injured in serious crash which closed road
- 7 Norwich Airport puts back a host of flights as Covid bites
- 8 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
'We have our massive annual 'Brickfest' event on Monday, August 27. For this one we open up both rooms and have an outside acoustic tent.
'This event is usually for a local charity, in the past years we have raised money for Sparhawk School, Magdalen Gates Primary, Quiddenham children's hospice, Musical Keys and many more. This year we hope to help the Norfolk Deaf Association raise some much-needed funding.
'We stage 36 bands over the three stages in one day. It's a huge community event and last year we saw a record number of 1,020 people through the door throughout the course of the day and raised almost �3,000 for local charities.'
The pub's staff are also combing this weekend's event with their impending Race For Life fundraising, which is being held around the country on Saturday, May 19 to raise money for Cancer research UK.
Charley added: 'It is a cause that is close to the hearts of so many of our customers, friends and family, and one that we are proud to be a part of.'
If you would like to support the Brickmakers' Race For Life team, go to www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/the-brickies
- Are you holding an Easter weekend event? Send pictures and details in via www.iwitness24.co.uk or contact Local Life editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or firstname.lastname@example.org