The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- Credit: DENISE BRADLEY/Archant2021
Star of The Bill Graham Cole is loving his new life in Norfolk and has revealed his favourite places to visit.
Mr Cole played PC Tony Stamp in the hit police drama for 25 years and was made an OBE in 2010 for his charity work.
This Christmas he stars as Alderman Fitzwarren in the Norwich Theatre Royal pantomime, Dick Whittington and his Cat, from December 11 until January 9 2022.
While speaking to Mr Cole about his latest part, the actor revealed he moved to Norfolk four months ago, though would not say the exact location.
It is his second spell in the county as he also lived in Wroxham seven years ago, but had to move back to London due to work.
Mr Cole said: "I love Norfolk and it comes to a point where you think about where you want to live and I'm not going anywhere now."
While The Bill finished more than a decade ago, he is still regularly recognised and said he has been recently been approached by fans of the show at Reedham Ferry and Roys of Wroxham.
Revealing his favourite places to visit, Mr Cole added: "We'll get up in the morning and as we are National Trust members there is a huge choice and Norfolk has 300 miles of the best beaches.
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 7 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
"You can go down to Winterton or Horsey to see the seals, to Sea Palling, Wells-next-the-Sea, Sandringham or Sheringham with the steam trains is one of my favourite places."