The Big C set to brew Big Cuppa on Norfolk Day
- Credit: Archant
For more than a decade, Norfolk's Big C charity has been encouraging people to put the kettle on and get baking for its Big Cuppa campaign.
Now, as the charity prepares to hosts this year's coffee morning on Norfolk Day, Saturday, July 27, it is hoping to bring together as many people as possible.
Asking individuals, cafes, offices and workplaces to all get involved, the aim of the Big Cuppa campaign is to raise funds for the charity's work to improve the lives of those affected by cancer in Norfolk and Waveney.
Tom Holmes, event co-ordinator at Big C, said: "One thing that brings us together as a community is food and drink. That's why we have chosen to hold this year's event on Norfolk Day. It represents everything we are good at, uniting for a good cause and celebrating all things Norfolk.
"At our support centres we see first-hand the comfort that someone who is feeling vulnerable can find in being offered a cup of tea and a chat.
You may also want to watch:
"It's an act of kindness and a chance for people to sit together and talk. Norfolk's Coffee Morning reflects this in that we are encouraging everyone to spend some time together, enjoying a cuppa and cake, whilst raising money for local people affected by cancer."
Charlie Hodson, a Norfolk Day ambassador and chef who along with others has donated recipe ideas to this year's Big Cuppa fundraising packs, said: "There's no better way to bring people together than through a slice of Norfolk cake and a cup of tea.
- 1 Bar splashes out £500,000 on outdoor dining area
- 2 Top of the Pops dancer, Octopussy star and 'Lord' settles in Norfolk
- 3 Former car showroom could make way for 146 student flats
- 4 'This is nature' - Sadness as cathedral peregrine chick dies
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 Former pubs, schools and leisure centres among arson-hit sites
- 8 Police action over 'slavery' flag flying in Norwich garden
- 9 May 17 easing: What UEA virus expert will and won't be doing
- 10 Couple launch new park café after market success
"It's the perfect synergy with Norfolk's cancer charity and the best culinary offering in Norfolk coming together to help you support a stranger you may never meet, but whose life you will change."
For more details on how to hold a Big C Big Cuppa coffee morning or to receive a fundraising pack, contact email@example.com or call 01603 964502.
A day dedicated to celebrating what a wonderful place our county is, Norfolk Day 2019 will take place on Saturday, July 27, to get involved email firstname.lastname@example.org, tweet @norfolk using #NorfolkDay or log on to the Norfolk Day Facebook group.
The Norfolk Day shop which sells a range of merchandise including bunting and Norfolk Day flags, the shop can be found via: www.norfolkday.co.uk.