The Bell Hotel in Norwich slashes prices for one day only
- Credit: � ARCHANT NORFOLK PHOTOGRAPHIC
A popular pub in Norwich will be slashing its prices for food and drink today (September 20).
The Bell Hotel is joining with other Wetherspoons from across the UK in taking 7.5% off its prices' as part of National Tax Equality Day.
The aim is to close the gap in food and drink taxes between pubs and supermarkets.
Jim Kelly, pub manager, said: 'We want more people in the industry to get involved in the issue and raise more awareness.
'We are giving customers a better deal for the day and letting them see what they could have if the government cut the VAT.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'We ran a campaign a couple of years ago but we are running a big campaign this year. It is only one Wednesday a year but people will come out for it.'
Weatherspoon's chairman, Tim Martin, said: 'We are proud to support the campaign to reduce the level of VAT in the pub industry. On Tax Equality Day.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich
'Customers in our pubs will find the price of their drinks and food to be lower than normal. We are keen to highlight the amount which customers would save, if VAT in pubs were lowered permanently.'