Independent café opens on Norwich’s St Augustines Street
- Credit: that cafe
A new independent café has opened its doors to customers in Norwich.
That Café, at 27 St Augustines Street, is a small family business focused on using locally sourced food and biodegradable packaging.
Set up by Christopher Featherby and John White from Norwich, the business has been in the pipeline for several years.
Mr Featherby said: 'John is my uncle and business partner and we've been dreaming for ages about having a small café in Norwich as the beginning of an entrepreneurial journey.
'Both of us have full time jobs, so we've balanced the refit whilst working Monday to Friday. John is the manager of Diss Post Office and I am the Retail Communications Manager for Sainsbury's and Argos in Milton Keynes.'
You may also want to watch:
BBC Radio Norfolk's Nick Conrad opened the café on February 23. It serves a range of food and drinks, including cakes, pastries, sausage rolls, soup, hot chocolates and coffees.
For more information visit facebook.com/ThatCafeNorwich
- 1 Missing man found by off-duty police officer
- 2 £5m roadworks on A47 cause delays - and months more to come
- 3 Man jailed for 24 years for raping and sexually assaulting two girls
- 4 Three Norfolk hotels named among the best for romance in the UK
- 6 Man charged after cannabis factory and 300 plants found above pizza takeaway
- 7 Norfolk campsite voted third best in UK
- 8 Road cleared after three-vehicle collision on A47
- 9 Early hours arrests as part of 'ongoing police investigation'
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting