Gridlock after level crossing fails in King’s Lynn
- Credit: Archant
Drivers faced gridlock after a level crossing in King's Lynn became stuck, blocking one of the town's main arteries.
Police say the barriers at Tennyson Avenue, near the station, have now re-opened.
They tweeted: 'Level crossing barriers have now been opened, fingers crossed there are no more problems.
'Traffic starting to flow but still heavy due to the backlog of vehicles, please leave time for your journey or still avoid the area if possible.'
The crossing , near the College of West Anglia, became stuck around 3pm.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 4 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
- 7 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 8 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
- 9 Two men charged with murder of 23-year-old
- 10 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat