Ten Norfolk and Norwich Festival highlights
- Credit: MARC RAS
Festival-goers can enjoy a huge array of weird and wonderful acts at this year's Norfolk and Norwich Festival. Arts correspondent Emma Knights picks out 10 highlights.
For more Norfolk and Norwich Festival stories click here• MUSEUM OF THE MOON, May 12-21, various times, outside The Forum
Bask under the moonlight of Luke Jerram's Museum of the Moon and enjoy an array of lunar-inspired festivities.
• VR PLAYGROUND, May 12-27, various times and locations around Norwich
Jump on one of the swings that will be popping up across the city, don a VR headset, and swing into one of four virtual worlds created by thrill engineer Brendan Walker.
• THE GARDEN PARTY, May 20 and 21, 12pm-6pm, Chapelfield Gardens and outside The Forum
You may also want to watch:
Always a festival favourite, enjoy a picnic in Chapelfield Gardens while watching an array of crazy acts suitable for all the family.
• THE ARMS OF SLEEP, May 22-26, 9.30pm, Assembly House
- 1 People queue at Norwich Primark an hour before 7am reopening
- 2 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 3 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 4 'We haven't slept': Primark shoppers queue outside city store from 3am
- 5 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 6 Eight pints pulled in first three minutes as pub's 'happy hour' returns
- 7 Prince Philip memorial erected in town park just a day after his death
- 8 Investigations continuing after drugs seized during police raid
- 9 Giant Wheel soon to be 'operational' on popular seafront
- 10 Peter Crouch drove to Yarmouth while on Norwich loan - and wasn't impressed
A concert with a difference, pack your overnight bag and take part in a choral sleepover created by Norwich-based The Voice Project.
• SUPER SUNDAY, May 15 and 16, 8pm, Norwich Theatre Royal
Enjoy watching the death-defying feats and contemporary circus spectacle in Race Horse Company's latest show.
• ADNAMS SPIEGELTENT, May 17-28, various times, Chapelfield Gardens
The ever-popular travelling mirror tent is one of the icons of the festival, enjoy Casus Circus' headline show Driftwood along with a whole host of other Spiegeltent treats.
• REAR VIEW, May 25-28, various times, starts outside Great Hospital
Hop on the back of IOU's specially adapted bus for an innovative theatre show played out on the streets of Norwich.
• THE STORY MACHINE, May 17 and 18, 7pm, Shoe Factory Social Club, and CITY OF LITERATURE WEEKEND, May 26-28, from 10am, Chapelfield Gardens
Powered by literature and oiled by theatre, The Story Machine sees writers create an immersive experience like no other, meanwhile the City of Literature Weekend invites you to celebrate our fine city's UNESCO status with a programme featuring some of the finest wordsmiths and minds.
• EARTH SKY: RICHARD LONG AT HOUGHTON, April 30-October 26, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays and Bank Holiday Mondays, 11am-5pm, Houghton Hall, North Norfolk
Explore the new major exhibition by Turner Prize-winning artist Richard Long which sees him use historic Houghton Hall and its surrounds as the canvas for his latest sculptures.
• SUMMER.AUTUMN.WINTER.SPRING., May 13 and 14, 2pm, The Space, Norwich
Indulge in seven hours of theatre and film with Quarantine's show which is described as a quartet about the human life cycle and features local people from all walks of life in the cast.
For more Norfolk and Norwich Festival stories click hereNorfolk and Norwich Festival runs from May 12 to 28.
For full details of festival events, including how to book, tickets, visit www.nnfestival.org.uk or call the box office on 01603 766400.