Ten acres of stubble alight at field fire
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters are tackling a field fire after ten acres of stubble caught alight.
Five appliances from fire stations in Needham Market, Stowmarket, Bury St Edmunds, Elmswell and Ixworth were called to the blaze at a field along Common Road, in Botesdale, near Diss, after emergency services were alerted just after 3pm on Sunday, September 1.
Crews used hoses and fire beaters to extinguish the flames, understood to be in the vicinity of Woodhouse Farm and Botesdale Green.
The blaze is thought to be under control but is continuing to be monitored, and firefighters are still at the scene to tackle hotspots.
A Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesperson said: "The field fire involved ten acres worth of stubble alight.
You may also want to watch:
"The incident stop time was given as 4.31pm, but crews are remaining on the scene to dampen down hotspots."
- Did you witness the fire? Email reporter Jessica.Frank-Keyes@archant.co.uk
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 3 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 4 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 5 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 6 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 7 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich