Tell us where you smell cannabis in West Norfolk and the Fens, survey asks
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
Officials are mapping where people smell cannabis in the Fens.
It comes after the weedy whiff was blamed on British Sugar's Wissington factory, which grows a strain of the plant used for medicinal purposes.
The smell was first noticed around two weeks ago, after the first crop of the plant was harvested. British Sugar has hired an odour consultant to investigate.
MORE - Odour consultant brought in to investigate mystery smellNow Fenland council has also launched an investigation. It says: 'Our Environmental Health team continues to investigate the issue with neighbouring authorities, with reports of the smell continuing to come in from across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
We need the public's help to assist with 'odour mapping' to pinpoint its source.
'When reporting the cannabis odour, please tell us the postcode/location of the smell (where you were when you smelt it), the date and time you smelt it, and, if possible, the wind direction at the time.'
To report the smell, click here.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 8 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 9 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 10 Which Norfolk hospital has the longest ambulance handovers?