Tell us where you smell cannabis in West Norfolk and the Fens, survey asks
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press
Officials are mapping where people smell cannabis in the Fens.
It comes after the weedy whiff was blamed on British Sugar's Wissington factory, which grows a strain of the plant used for medicinal purposes.
The smell was first noticed around two weeks ago, after the first crop of the plant was harvested. British Sugar has hired an odour consultant to investigate.
MORE - Odour consultant brought in to investigate mystery smellNow Fenland council has also launched an investigation. It says: 'Our Environmental Health team continues to investigate the issue with neighbouring authorities, with reports of the smell continuing to come in from across Cambridgeshire and Norfolk.
We need the public's help to assist with 'odour mapping' to pinpoint its source.
You may also want to watch:
'When reporting the cannabis odour, please tell us the postcode/location of the smell (where you were when you smelt it), the date and time you smelt it, and, if possible, the wind direction at the time.'
To report the smell, click here.
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 What can't open in Norfolk on May 17 - and why
- 5 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 6 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
- 7 End of an era as Debenhams closes in Norwich
- 8 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Man kicked and punched in head by group of attackers