Girl, 15, injured in collision between pedestrian and cyclist
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
A 15-year-old girl suffered serious injuries after a collision with a cyclist while walking in Norwich.
The teenager was walking with her two sisters along Hethersett Lane, Colney, Norwich, on Wednesday, February 24, at around 6pm.
They were walking towards Hethersett when a man cycling in the same direction on the road, which was closed at the time, collided with the girl.
The collision caused her to fall to the ground and the man to come off his bike.
Norfolk Police are appealing for information in relation to the incident which left the 15-year-old with serious injuries and requiring hospital treatment.
The cyclist is described as male, thought to be aged between 25 and 30, around 6ft tall with short dark hair. He was wearing headphones and left the scene cycling off towards the football training ground.
A police spokesman said officers were looking to trace the cyclist or to hear from anyone with information about the incident.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 7 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 8 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 9 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 10 Village rounds on council over 'disgraceful' road resurfacing that covered cycle lanes and blocked drains
Anyone with information should contact Norfolk Police on 101 quoting incident number 382 of 24 February.