Teenager from Wisbech arrested in connection with rape of woman in her 30s in nearby March last month
- Credit: Archant
A teenager has been arrested in connection with a rape in March.
The 16-year-old boy, from Wisbech, was arrested this morning on suspicion of rape and questioned at Kings Lynn Police Station.
He has since been bailed until July 4.
The victim, a woman in her 30s, was in a park between Nene Parade and North Drive on March 6 when the incident happened.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Rape Investigation Team on 101.
You may also want to watch:
The assault took place in the North Drive Park area at around 8.50pm on Sunday March 6.
An area measuring about 50 metres that stretches from the Wigstone's Road Bridge along a pathway in the park towards the BMX track, was cordoned off during the investigation.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
The woman had been walking home from a friend's house when she walked down Wigstone's Road, into Nene Parade and across the bridge when she lost her way and asked the young man for directions.
It is believed she had simply lost her bearings.
Police said she asked him for directions and he then, allegedly, raped her near the bench in the park.
The victim alerted a passing group of people who stayed with her while they called police.